This tutorial is for the updated version of Photoshop CC 2017
Use the Lasso Tool with Select and Mask to separate a subject from its background Published Feb. 1, 2017
- Choose the Lasso Tool (L)
- Use the bracket keys to adjust brush size so it is smaller than the area to select.
- Drag over the area to select.
- Go to Select and Mask
- Choose “On Black” or “Layer”
- Choose Refine Edge and paint over the non selected areas.
- Paint over any difficult detail edges such as hair.
- Add contrast or other finishing effects by adjusting the sliders.
- At the bottom, choose Output: Layer Mask.
- Paint black or white paint on the mask to refine the edge further, as needed.
VIDEO TIPS: CLICK FULLSCREEN Icon in lower right corner of video to see details. CLICK SETTINGS (Gear Icon) and Choose HD 1080P Quality